Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mr. Osterberg

Sometime in the early 1970's (No one is sure when, cause let's face it everyone had been high since 1967 and would be till about 1980) my father answered a knock on the door to a sweating, tightly wound guy, physically not unlike my father himself; short and slight of build, all bone and lean muscle. No shirt, big bloodshot eyes look up at dad and the visitor asks for...painkillers.

He had a really bad head ache don't you know.

Enter Iggy Pop.

He then took to living in the garage from, '74 to '75 I believe, before disappearing in 1976 with David Bowie to record The Idiot and, get their heads together....

Below is one of my favorite portraits of, as my father continues to refer to him, Mr. Osterberg. Taken in my parents living room, sometime in 1974:

BMP_48a


No comments:

Post a Comment